Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TAKE FLIGHT!

According to Ellen Whitehurst, "It is tradition on this, the second day of the New Year to go visiting, gambling or to simply and generally have some FUN! This sets the precedent for the days, weeks and months to come. The idea for today is 'risk taking' which supports the Eastern New Year greeting of "May you live in interesting times." Risk-taking is believed to make life truly interesting."

I've been ruminating about success lately.  Why are some people living life to the fullest, embracing every possibility-- while others are frozen in their comfort zone?  In honor of today's tradition to stretch my wings and inch my way out of my own comfort zone, I made a list of 9 innovative ideas for my business.  It is hard for your dreams to take flight, when they're parked on the tarmack!





Part of my problem has been the notion of "waiting for the perfect time".  After meditating on that for a while today, thinking about the balance between being a loving wife, a busy mama and a Feng Shui consultant....I stumbled on this reminder:


(source:  Pinterest)

What can you do to shake things up (in a good way!)?  By taking even a small risk or approaching your daily grind with a new perspective, you can turn the mundane into the magical!  A fun Feng Shui cure to try is to literally change your route.  Drive home a different way from work, try a new restaurant--outside of your neighborhood or favorite food genre.  Write a handwritten letter instead of hitting send on that e-mail to your friend/family/colleague.  All of these little changes mix up our brain neurons and force us to shift gears!  Happy exploring. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Should we try that yummy chipotle aioli sauce on something new tomorrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete