Thursday, January 5, 2012

HGTV Green Home Decor Sale...SERIOUSLY?!

Was it good Karma?  My luckiest day of 2012?  I still have no idea how I managed to stumble upon the fabulous (somehow unpublicized??) details of an "Estate Sale" on Craigslist.  But it wasn't your average Estate Sale....no cobwebs, tchotchkes or musty smells anywhere.  It was a preview sale of ALL of the 2011 HGTV Green Home furnishings.  What??!!!  I almost fainted with excitement as I browsed the photos last night that were posted on Craigslist.  The proceeds from the HGTV sale are being directly donated to Rebuilding Denver, a local charity that offers free home services (repairs, maintenance, paint, heat, plumbing, etc.) to elderly, disabled, low income, Veterans and other needy families.

I could barely sleep as I imagined myself being the first in line to get the graphic chair that I couldn't stop obsessing over.  Can you spot it below? ;)

I first spotted this sassy chair at the actual HGTV Green Home, which was ironically built and featured in my neighborhood (we live in the green community of Stapleton, a former airport) in 2011.

 (Source: HGTV.com)


Ofcourse, when you walk into a warehouse of stunning, top of the line home decor items...you don't walk away with one chair!  Unfortunately, in my mad frenzy to snatch up amazing deals, I only snapped this photo with my phone of the wares:


I'll share more of my loot tomorrow...but here, without further adieu is my coveted, funky, graphic chair that came to its new home today:


I tend to buy furniture based on a "love it, have to have it" vibe and also because it's too comfy to pass up.  What I didn't realize until I got home, was that this chair is a custom Charles Stewart Heavenly chair.  It's totally green and eco-conscious (great Feng Shui!), comfortable, fun and....retails for $775 with this fabric choice!!!!!  I bought it for $230 (did I mention it helps a great charity and is also tax-deductible?).  I also had to have the custom Alexandra Ferguson "Let's Be Friends" pillow (retails for $99, purchased for $20).  Isn't it fun??!!

OK, enough gloating.  I'll share some of the other finds tomorrow. 

Peace & Good Karma,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment